Thursday, November 28, 2013

Disappointment Abounds

Depressing title for a post, I know, but I promise not to actually be depressing.

I HAVE been feeling blue of late and it all started with the midnight premier of "Catching Fire" in a little city called Jackson, Mississippi: where I was not.


Last year some of my best friends and I went to the midnight premier of Hunger games and, pretty much, it was one of my favorite memories of college.

We dressed up, got in the local news, had several kids take pictures with us. It was magical.


If you want to see pictures and a VIDEO of our fantasticalness go check out my amazing friend's blog where she writes about it!

Now my point to all of this is that I have been either too busy, too sick, or too lacking in driving capabilities to go see "Catching Fire" myself and it's put my in a down-right awful mood.

But as I wake up this morning, to eery fog and a mysterious lack of light, I find myself needing to be thankful (BOOYA THANKSGIVING YO!); thankful for the friends I shared that excellent november evening with last year; for friends who take pictures leaving a space for me even though I can't be there; for the entirely new situation I find myself in this year; for a job and a room and a home and family and all the things we always say when it comes time to go around the table.


These things I AM thankful for.

-Gin

PS- MY GUITAR IS BACK WITH ME! LET THE MUSICAL PLANS COME TO FRUITION!




No comments:

Post a Comment