Saturday, October 5, 2013

New Material

Today I wrote two new songs. I had no plans of writing more; however one of them grew from a few short lyrics I'd written previously, and the other came from a darker place that I wanted to sing about.

I'm excited for both of these songs. They prove to myself that I am capable of improving as a writer/lyricist; and it tells me that I am slowly becoming better at distilling my ideas into song. It's encouraging overall :)

Here are snippets to wet your appetite! (not sure yet if they will be included/replacing songs in the album)

Shadow City:
One by one the shadow people,
come around to play,
to softly sing in whispered tones,
of their terrible fear of day,

I listened to a verse or two,
soon lost to all but dreams,
I dreamt I was shadow,
in the city that never sleeps.


Know What I Know:

The thing I fear most,
is the devil inside,
the lengths that i'd go,
and no instinct to hide,

I'm not power hungry,
I'm not self-depraved,
but I hunger for more,
than this crumbling fate.

-Gin


No comments:

Post a Comment