Thursday, July 12, 2012

Rigor and Rest..

Even in "the most exciting city in the world", life can become quite repetitive when reduced to morning alarms, train schedules, classes, and meal times. I don't mind it so much; in fact, having routine is a nice change from past summers when each day was a complete surprise from the next. At the same time, this program is so rigorous, both physically and mentally, that I'm finding myself taking a deep breath when thinking about the coming semester after this summer.
Another train ride home at the end of a day...
As always, it's the little things that make me hopeful and bring sunshine to my life! I really adore my classmates at Stella. A reliable source says that WE are the favorite group among the teachers. I don't like the brag, but I will say that there is certainly a willingness among the group to accept, love, and work hard with each other. We're not perfect, we're all rather flawed in fact. If, however, we have learned anything this summer, it is that we should always be aware. Aware of our learning, aware of our surroundings, and aware of our mistakes. Being aware doesn't have to mean we dwell in it; in fact, our awareness is leading each of us to new-found freedom in our craft and as people.

Mrs. Clark's kitchen window
Today I informed my classmates that I would be taking pictures of everyone next thursday. You see, we mostly wear our blacks since almost every day involves a lot of movement exploration. Thursday is our one day to show off our full colors and plumage, since none of our classes require blacks on that day. We usually end up cooing and awing at each other's outfits and individual styles. So next week you can expect pictures of my lovely classmates!
All three of us were in costume for presenting our scenes that day :)
Lindsay (on the far right) was my scene partner <3
Three weeks to go. Next week we will begin screen-work in acting classes! I am excited, but have almost NO idea what that will entail, so stay posted.

-Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment