Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Sneaky Mrs. Clark

This post is dedicated to the wonderful Mrs. Clark whose hospitality has kept me sane this summer!
She's an elderly, quirky, intelligent, sneaky, brilliant and splendid woman.

Here are some of the wonderful things I look forward to with her in my life:

1. A ride every morning to the train station. After her morning swim she comes shuffling in, still slightly dripping, and asks what time my train is. Whenever I try to dissuade her and take the bus instead, she simply feigns deafness and walks away quickly to get changed!


2. Coke Zeros. Without fail there will always be coke zeroes in the kitchen.


3. TV-tray dinners every night with her and Zerin. During this time we either watch the evening hour of news or rewatch episodes of "Downton Abbey", which I've discovered she's secretly obsessed with.

4. Homework here and there. Usually this involves her shuffling off to locate one of the hundreds of books in this house. She comes back holding a children's book and instructs both Zerin and I to read it. Usually we aren't allowed to leave whatever spot we're in until we've read it :)

5. SHE IS QUEEN ELIZABETH'S DOUBLE! For real. I'd post a picture but she's finicky about getting her picture taken. Just trust me. Everyone agrees with me here.

She's just the greatest. Between her and Zerin, I have the best housemates I could ask for this summer :) I'm so fortunate and I love them dearly!

-Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment