Thursday, June 28, 2012

Five Weeks To Go!

Coffee every morning!
Beautiful Zerin, my room neighbor,
 my coffee buddy, and just lovely lady
It's been five weeks!!! FIVE WEEKS! That means I'm halfway through this program. Which is entirely crazy to me! Time has flown by and I'm pretty sure it's because I have never for a split second been bored this summer. I've been lonely at times, mad at things/myself, scared, unsure, frantic, panicked etc...but NOTHING close to bored; hence time has not stopped or slowed for me. On the contrary, time seems to speed up in this city.

Scarsdale Station!

Grand Central
For those interested, these are some of the activities I have taken part in during classes:

-Hours upon hours of lying on my back "paying attention to my breath" and little else

-Two hours spent behaving like a bird with my fellow classmates as we try to convince the other birds to either leave us alone or mate with us, depending on our objective.

-Talked to a wall for thirty minutes as if it was a boyfriend who had cheated on my with my best friend.

-Spoken Gibberish for an hour.

-Yelled aloud with my class "I PROMISE TO BE TERRIBLE AT THIS EXERCISE!"


Frickin' scene...

These are just some of my favorites. This happens every day. When I'm not stretching myself physically or emotionally, my brain is soaking up and bursting simultaneously with information. I've been learning so much, and I look forward to the next five weeks!






Hanna and Lindsay! Such sweethearts.
Today was me and my shakespeare partner's turn to perform our scene from Twelfth Night. It's been SO lovely working with Margy. She's one of the most fantastic actresses I've ever had the pleasure of working with, and she's a beautiful person besides that! We had a fun time performing our first go-round today, and got very good feedback as well as plenty to go work on for the next four weeks!










Don't worry, we'll be fine.
Tomorrow my contemporary scene partner, Lindsay, and I will perform Ludlow Fair....a chunk of it anyway. Lindsay is also a southerner which makes me feel very at home at her side. She's someone I've gotten to talk to on several occasions during our rehearsal time together, and she's spunky, bright, short, and and all around magnificent person as well.


Olivia's veil? Or Stella's ghost??? You decide.

So that's a brief summary of my first five weeks! 
-Ginn

No comments:

Post a Comment