Sunday, June 17, 2012

Present Emotions

First off, STOP listen to this song as you read my post:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuvWc3ToDHg

Okay, now that it's playing, you may continue reading. I just like that song. Just discovered it today.

Here I am, sitting at Starbucks, Sunday afternoon, catching up on silly things that I love like blogs and pinterest and messages and phone calls and writing plays!

Seriously, this is my favorite thing to do...find a spot to haunt all day (in this case Starbucks in Yonkers) and set up camp. My tool bag (aka purse) includes my laptop Eddie, a couple of notebooks, a couple of plays, camera, and journal.

It's sunny and lovely outside, but I'll be walking around in the sun all week so I'm happy to see it through the window today :)

Music plays over the speakers...most of it unfamiliar to my ears and ALL of it pleasing!

I find myself happy...but also with a slight, tiny wish...a wish that someone would show up...someone who wants to talk. Someone I know and love. Anyone. Someone who wants to go see Prometheus as badly as me and then offer to pay! :P

But I'm content, and that's what's important today. Tomorrow? Who knows!

My Adler Technique teacher tells us to keep our emotions in the present. I think that's brilliant advice...especially for an emotionally-leaky-faucet like myself! So far it's improved my view dramatically.

love,
Ginny



PS- how'd you like the song??

No comments:

Post a Comment