Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Thrill

This is what I wrote RIGHT after class today (Adler Technique class):

"Basically I've been given permission to be completely open with people I don't yet know well! It's exhilarating! Terrifying of course, but mostly exhilarating and free. If I was trying to share openly with people I know well I'd be guessing, analyzing, noticing those I'm communicating with; instead I'm just letting it all out, no tension except in what comes from what I'm sharing. No mind clenched; and when my mind DOES seize up, I see it immediately and know it's a chance to unclench; to let go;to experience; to be free in my performance.

Now.....this is taking place in a class. In training. I know I have to be careful where I take this in life. I think what I learn from all of this, so far, is that; not only is being open with new people a risk worth taking, because of the end-result, but also because of the rare thrill of it!"

THAT is what I learned on this fine wednesday...that and also that I really LOVE my movement class....all the improvisation is tricking my brain into thinking it likes the intense workout before-hand :)

lata!
-Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment