Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Big Wet Apple

It's raining. A Lot. Apparently it's also raining even more in Jackson. And I talked to my mum in Seattle and it's raining there! AND IT'S RAINING IN KANDERN AS WELL!! So there you go, four different time zones, same soak-factor....not sure where I was going with this.

You would think I'd have learned to be prepared for something like rain, after my many successful years of life. Well, you'd be wrong. Did NOT grab an umbrella, so I spent much of today wet. Classes were great. Scene Study and Voice and Speech. After that I ventured outside only to find the city had turned into a giant dirt puddle. Gross.

One of my classmates and I braved the rain....at least as far as a nearby coffee shop, where we set up camp for a few hours. We read through the play we're partnered for in Scene Study, then we just talked and talked! It was so lovely. We talked a lot about how much we love our group. Everyone has an amazing humility about them. We all have our faults and quirks and habits etc, but we're all very willing to love each other and be vulnerable in our craft together!

After a lovely few hours with my classmate, I had to rush back to the studio, (THROUGH THE RAIN IN CASE YOU FORGOT IT WAS RAINING), to prepare for the second-to-last performance of "August: Osage County." It's been a great run, and I'm so happy to have had the opportunity to run the sound-board/help backstage! Heidi, the directer, is fantastic and lovely person. The cast is fun, hilarious, and crazy talented. My fellow board-op Artem, has braved, with me, the dark abyss of the Boards, for hours on end, and we've had excellent times together; turns out he's Russian by birth, and he's vacationed in Lithuania before!! What a beautiful little fact!

I'll be glad to say goodbye to the show after tomorrow night. It makes for some late nights in the city, and long treks home every night. Like TONIGHT for instance. Recall the rain. Yes, the same rain I've been whining about all along. Well, it was still there at the end of the show tonight (11:30 pm), so I stick up my chin, and speed-walk four blocks to the familiar sight of my subway station.....only to find the UNfamiliar sight of yellow tape barring the entrance and a sign that read (all subways closed)....
WHAAA????? unbelievable.
So.
I walked.
Fourteen blocks.
In the nasty rain.
At night.

Good times all around. Don't get me started on the grumpy cab driver once I FINALLY made it back to Scarsdale. I should probably adopt a more positive outlook, since I have to get up in a few hours and start this process all over again!

Coffee has become a dear friend. I can't believe it.
Love,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment