Saturday, June 2, 2012

Several Arts

My lovely part of yesterday was having dinner with my cousin who lives and works in the city! We went to a little Japanese place that we THINK is called Kenka's, but we're really not sure cause the front sign is in Japanese Characters. At the end of the meal they give you a little cup of cotton candy sugar that you then take outside to the cotton candy machine, and make yourself. So. Great.

Today is Saturday which is good news for me because it means, no going into the city, JUST getting laundry done, as well as a bit of extra sleep :)

So, I'm reading several different blogs this summer...some of them are strangers, some are very close friends, but all are creatively-minded. This morning, as I read the newest entries, I found myself becoming jealous of the "projects" they're all writing about...most of which are series of things, whether plays, or crafts, or songs...

Then I reminded myself that I am certainly in the middle of a creative project for the next ten weeks (gasp! nine weeks!), but it just DIDN'T feel the same! Why is that????

Here is the conclusion to which I have come...for now:
Acting fulfills a much deeper part of me than any other form of creativity ever has...HOWEVER, my soul still longs for more concrete results. The real fruit of my creativity.

I told myself I wouldn't focus on music this summer. If something came to me, I would write it down, but I would not sit down with the intention of writing lyrics or discovering melodies and harmonies. Perhaps that was a silly thing to decide. Either way I wrote a song today. A bit of a lullaby.
It's called "Illusory"

Forged in illusions,
of one's own making,
wandering confusions,
still they are taking,
hold of thee,
one day be,
set free,
set free,

Come here to find me,
I am not hidden,
I'm simply crying,
over a vision,
of a dream,
one day be,
set free,
set free,

And the wings will rise,
and the mountains move,
for on winds he'll fly,
and find me soon,
and find me soon.

Maybe I can make a video of it soon to share. Until then, I will probably be painting, writing, and singing all summer long, and those will also make it onto this blog!

Sincerely,
an artist

3 comments:

  1. Doesn't it always happen that way? You want to create so badly, and it may or may not happen, but then as soon as you decide to give yourself a break, that's when the muse hits you with the 2x4 of inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely. I'm still, however, convinced there's some way to balance life so that the muse is more readily at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Probably by not being so busy that you feel you need to take a break....

    ReplyDelete