Thursday, May 31, 2012

See Jane Run

I have a book that I try to read about once a year. It's my favorite book of all time so far, and it's been a good friend during significant changes in my life. So of course I started reading it on the plane from Jackson! "Jane Eyre" has lots of qualities about it that I love, and I used to want to be JUST LIKE the main character. This time around, as I read her thoughts and reactions to the world around her, I find myself glad not to be quite like Jane. I'm much too dependent on people to ever be capable of the decisions she makes. On the other hand, I applaud her bravery at new things.

So keeping with the theme of "Jane", I ordered a mocha frap today before class, having arrived an hour and half early, and when I said my name the Barista replied "Janeen?" at which I shrugged and said "yeah." 

A minute later a mocha frap appeared on the counter bearing the name "Jane." Also I could have sworn the gal looked at it and called out "Hugh?" I was rather happy with this new name....Jane that is...although Hugh is also a fine name...so many great Hughs out there.....Jackman. Dancy. Grant. Laurie...ahem! So:

I sipped my mocha on a bench in Madison Square Park, which is just near Stella, and fast becoming my favorite outdoor spot.

During this free time I sketched the view of the trees and a building which is, no doubt famous, but I am unaware of its import.








Also, my classes went quite well...today I had Adler Technique with this guy:








Script Analysis with this woman:












....and Shakespeare. I did not draw that teacher. But I've been assigned a scene partner and scene from Twelfth Night! 


Additionally, my technique teacher scared the you-know-what out of us yesterday, "encouraging" us to have a pocket dictionary by class today...OR ELSE!!!


Needless to say I high-tailed it to the nearest book store the same day, and brought it in to class today. I mean, honestly, everyone should have a pocket dictionary! Can't believe I didn't have one till now....

So next time you wanna "See Jane run", either tempt me with a mocha frappuccino, or threaten me with the ghost of Stella Adler :o

Sincerely,
Jane/Janeen/Hugh

No comments:

Post a Comment