Tuesday, May 29, 2012

STELLAAAAAA!!!

After Orientation today, my group was told we would not be having our first class because our teacher was not there. We'll make up that class another time.

In the two hours of free time that I was suddenly given, I ate lunch with a new friend from GROUP E...and then I got to meet up with Annie for about an hour! We continue to be tickled at the mere sight of each other! 
This was sketched during my lunch with my new friend.





So my only class for the day was "Voice and Speech". Led by a youngish man who seems to take the subject seriously based on his booming and articulate voice! 

After learning all sixteen of our names after one round, he said I am the first Ginny he's ever had in a class, and decided to call me Doc instead thanks to my surname! First time someone has so quickly made the Tombstone connection. I'm proud to bear the nickname! 

We spent the majority of the class lying on our backs, going through an exercise that any actor will recognize...this time it was called "releasing the muscles", although I've also undergone the process as a "relaxation exercise". In this case we were given strict instructions NOT to fall asleep if possible. It got hard after the first ten minutes! 

For those of you who don't know, basically the teacher talks us through a mental/physical release of our entire body, starting at the feet, and SLOWLY working our way up to the top of our head. This particular exercise utilized the imagery of a green light that "scanned" our bodies. 


After class I decided to walk along 5th avenue to try and increase my knowledge of the area. I made a fashion discovery which is pictured above....EVERY man I passed wore this outfit....every corporate man that is! 

Happily, on my walk, I passed the New York Public Library! I had wanted to go there eventually and since I had the time I decided there was no time like the present. I made a brief tour of it, checking into most of the halls and certainly the two main rooms. I stayed long enough to say hello to William Faulkner (for you John!) and of course, the Bronte sisters (for me AND you Sarah!)


This lady had a fellow librarian, but I felt compelled to sketch this woman's grandiose eye-ware! They sat in the Rotunda of the Library. 

I have to admit, the first thing I thought of when I saw the Library was the movie "Day After Tomorrow"...my ill-bred curiosity led me to find the pay-phone booths within that feature in the movie! But enough of my questionable taste in movies.

I've decided to make my walk a tradition and see something every day after classes. Tomorrow perhaps I'll finally make it to Central Park!

Salut,
Ginny

4 comments:

  1. your description of the relaxing exercises reminded me of the "the king's speech" where the guy (don't remember his name) is trying to get the king (COLLIN FIRTH!!!!!!!!!) to relax his draw muscles. i liked that part :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, i NEVER saw that movie! I can't believe it, i MUST rectify that at once! But hey, Geoffrey Rush and Colin firth make a beautiful duo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you know they were corporate?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummm.....because the aspiring actors wear skinny jeans, vests, and fauxhawks....

    ReplyDelete