Sunday, May 27, 2012

It's a City :o

Today I made the grand trek into the City of Cities....
Much to my pleasure, my first impression of the Big Apple is that it is quite like other big cities. I'm sure I'll eat my words in a week's time or so, but for now, it does my heart good to find out that New York City is NOT, in fact, the Mothership. It's bigger than some cities, and there are more languages and ethnicities represented than in many a large city (which actually makes me feel kind of at home!), but mostly it's just another city.
Go figure!

Actually, so far Manhattan seems WAY easier to navigate than Seattle, London, or Paris; Now I'll take a moment to let the entire West Coast curse me, the Londoners shrug indifferently, and the Parisians feel a slight shiver accompanied by the thought that there may indeed be another world outside their boarders...

I had lunch near Times Square with one of the most lovely people in the world, my friend Annie. It was only for a couple of hours, but I know I desperately needed a familiar face in all this New and Unknown.

Times Square? It had nothing on Annie :) Okay, theatre-friends-of-mine, stop moaning and groaning, I promise I will be a better person in another day or so, at which time I will sing the praises of the Artistic Center of America! Honestly, I didn't stay long enough to look at anything closely...

I did take a few choice pictures, but I can't put them on my computer quite yet! A good friend has incredibly generously allowed me the use of his camera for the duration of the summer, but I, of course, overlooked the need for a card-reader! So until I locate one, you all may have to put up with my indubitable descriptive abilities :)


My love to all of you who care about me enough to read these posts!
More tomorrow after I attend a memorial-day parade in South Salem....Crucible anyone???



Oh, oh, and my hostess, who is re-writing a history of the town, tells me she discovered that Christopher Reeve's wife Dana went to school with her children; Jon Voight (Angelina Jolie's dad) is from here; and Scotty Fitzgerald (F. Scott's daughter) lived here....also the infamous Bugsy Siegel :o



-Ginny-In-The-Sky-With-Gangsters

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever seen the vlog brothers? Myabe we should try it...since the art journal seems to have died...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen them. I'll look them up. And....yeah, the journal was getting pretty thick anyways.

    ReplyDelete