Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Little Time

Today I got up early and read my Kindle! It was the loveliest way to start the day because I'm currently reading Little Women. I've heard many, many times that I should have read it years ago like a good female human being...so my apologies to any I have offended and know that I'm finally remedying the situation.

I LOVE IT! I immediately connected with the writing style; it sent my mind reeling into the nostalgia of long-lost childhood; it also greatly inspired me with its depiction of siblings.

As the youngest of four, this story wrings at my heartstrings, and of course I am also portraying four siblings in the film.

Let me say, quickly, that the siblings themselves are NOT based on my own family. The characters are meant to be entirely different. The connections found between siblings, however, I have taken directly from experience. A sister-to-sister tie is something that cannot be faked, therefore I am freely taking from my memories and experiences to better supply the story.

One of the hardest parts of starting the semester is knowing how little time I will have to read what I want. BUT I'm exchanging that for time spent on projects I love and learning more about the craft out of which I want to create a career! So it's a relatively fair trade...but I miss reading when it comes right down to it.

THAT is why I made a New Year's resolution to read twelve books this year. I know, it's not a lot, but I also want to read twelve plays in addition to that, and with the schedule I'll have, it will be quite a miracle if I get through them all.

So PLEASE read something. Read two somethings. Or three. Just read something that YOU want to read, and not because someone told you to. And think of me as you do :P

Have a lovely afternoon/evening.
Gin

(This post is dedicated to my beautiful Mum!)

No comments:

Post a Comment