Saturday, January 5, 2013

Up Next....!

Hello and Happy New Year :)

I didn't actually expect to come back to this blog. It was purely for my trip to New York; to help me overcome my fears and not forget what was an incredible experience.

But here I am! I looked at the title I chose for this blog, (taken from this beautiful play by Lee Blessing), and I read my little subtitle, and I realized I left it wide open! I'm still an artist on an adventure, and I want to share with any who will follow, about my next big project.

First of all, in case you were wondering, I HAVE kept busy with school all semester.
I directed my first full-length play...
Two of my beautiful actors!
(photo copyright MerianneDietrich)

Final Scene
(photo copyright MerianneDietrich)

...stage-managed my first one-act...

My fellow SM, and our leading man in the background :)

The entire cast and crew!
...and have been cast in our next mainstage show for the spring semester, so woohoo!

Now, onto the REALLY exciting things :)

My next project is a short film. I'm skating right over the obvious arguments I would have with myself,("Gin, you've never made a film before..."), and I'm moving on to the planning stage.

So here's where I'm at:
        -I have a story. It's all written except for one scene. 
        -I have two actors on board, and am waiting to hear from two more. 
        -I have a gorgeous Pinterest board that has been marinating and developing all semester, full of        
         concept images, costume inspirations, color palettes, etc...
        -OH RIGHT! I have a title. It's called Turn
        -and I have a deadline for the screening. The week of April 8-13th.

What I DO NOT HAVE:
        -scouted locations.
        -a camera. (bahahahahah)
        -actual costumes.
        -a schedule for filming.

I would appreciate your support and continual following of this blog! 
I only have three days left of Winter Break, so I'll be using them to hammer down the script, welcome actors on board, and put together a tentative schedule.

Bon Vacance! 
Ginny



1 comment:

  1. So excited you're writing again! Can't wait to hear about everything!!

    ReplyDelete