Sunday, January 6, 2013

Pre-Production Progress

During this pre-production phase, it is important that I have as much planned out as possible, as well as having backup options in case those plans fall through. So while I'm straightening out the script, I have to keep in mind that locations may become unavailable, student/actors may have extremely conflicting schedules, and extras may be hard to come by.

Overall it's my kind of challenge. I believe the best products of creativity are born of having to think in terms of boundaries and limited resources. And boy will this project have plenty of both!

I'm really excited to say that another actor is on board! I've also requisitioned the use of a camera for filming which is WONDERFUL. Finally, I've honed the script to a lovely first draft. Now it gets sent to two people who have helped me with the story, and they will give me their critiques and general feedback.

I've also determined some more costume and hair concepts for individual characters. I've decided to share some of these ideas with you, just regarding the siblings. (there are two other key characters that I'm keeping a secret for now.)


Claudine:
colors- red/black
half military/half adventurer,
but still very feminine/sleek style.











Dominic:
colors- brown/black
half military/half struggling artist.
softer textures.













Elise:
colors- pastels/mint green
wispy and whimsical clothing.
She has a wild and delicate style.





Fiona:
colors- gray/some green
oversized sweater/jacket over leggings.
Style hints at insecurity but remains feminine
and attractive.









All costuming/hair/makeup will be very asymmetric.

Keep checking in for more updates!
-Ginny



No comments:

Post a Comment