Tuesday, September 17, 2013

11 Questions Answered

A friend on Facebook posted this article and I love it! Read it first and get familiar with the questions and I'm going to go ahead and answer the questions for all to see:

1. Do the people I'm surrounded by bring me life?
Yes. Absolutely. My siblings, who all live nearby, are four of the most creative people I know, and all of them are actively pursuing their creative endeavors.
Older photo...and missing Patrick :(
 A couple of my best friends live here now as well, and they have always been great about keeping me actively engaged and thinking creatively. Beyond the immediates, I also have out-of-this-world friends spread throughout the country. Some of them keep me updated on their projects, others just stay connected and keep me going :)












2. Who inspires me the most?
Jane Eyre definitely comes to mind. There's a woman who knew solitude intimately, underwent bad treatment, unfair circumstances,  and utter heartbreak. I could go on and on about Jane (I wrote several papers on her in high school and college) but I'll just leave it at this: anyone who tries their hand at picking themselves up and living their life like she does is fine by me.








3. What are my favorite stories?
The article asks for top three movies so here they are (in no particular order): 
'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back'; 'The Village'; 'Equilibrium'


4. Would I want to live with me?
Yes? Yes. I'm pretty sure that I am a great person to live with....because even if I'm in a pissy mood, I'll just shut myself in my room and that's a pretty clear signal right??

5. Do I love from my insecurities or do I love from my strengths?

Love from my strengths definitely....however it has the effect of pushing my insecurities away so I don't look at them for months at a time.

6. Where am I ripe with talent and where do I quickly deflate?

Talents: being helpful, singing in harmony, reading a lot, taking initiative with people.

Non-Talents: moving to new cities, baking/cooking, introducing myself to new people, re-writes.


7. What are my favorite hobbies/things I do for fun, and are they something I can leverage into a career or product?
Singing/writing songs, creating entire productions, collaborating with other creative peoples: HECK YES I CAN MAKE A CAREER OF THAT!




8. What’s the main thing holding me back?
Fear of new things/people/places; emotional highs and lows.

9. What are my negotiables and non-negotiables?
At this point I'd love to not have to make more than two major moves for the next ten years....but I suppose that might close the door on potential opportunities....most of what I want is negotiable :)  

10. What breaks my heart?

Watching people I love get hurt when they don't need to be.





11. At 29 years and 364 days, if I have accomplished just one thing, what do I want it to be?
Marry the love of my life.






No comments:

Post a Comment