Tuesday, September 24, 2013

(old) Sunday Post!

(So this post clearly got lost somehow, thus the mention of it being 'sunday'! I'm posting it anyway!)

Sunday is my designated day off; but of late, even sundays have tended to fill up quickly. So today I am happily un-scheduled all day long :) Chocolati in Wallingford seemed like a good choice.

It's an iron-grey type of day: my favorite. Fall is at a leisurely approach which is fine by me. Everyone else is blogging about the joys of Fall (MY FAVORITE SEASON) so I'm going to focus on sharing the latest and greatest regarding my projects.

I'm still in a hard-core idea phase for the most part, thanks to my full work/internship schedule. It's always nice to be able to have this time to plan, however. Most of the time my "process" involves coming up with an idea, executing it, and then having no desire to have another go at it, so this has been an excellent exercise for me in patience and planning ahead.

Here's what's up (musically):
-"Stadium Tide" is getting a lyrical 'once-over' just to make sure everything feels right to me. I don't know about you, but I can tell when a phrase isn't quite right. I can't always tell what the right phrase is though, so I tend to work backwards, trying this, trying that, until I come up with just the right lyric and eventually, song.

-I've begun plans for Christmas!! Never too early for ME to start planning. What I'd like to do is write a small (maybe 5-song) Christmas Album featuring just my voice with a piano. Trying to keep it very classy and timeless. I've begun asking friends and family what is included in their ideal Christmas song and I would love to hear from YOU as well!

Feel free to leave a comment with some of the things you would want to hear in a song while sitting by a fire sipping a Hot Toddy :)

In other news, I'm adding my full-length play "Gadfly" to the list of writing materials in need of refurbishment. It's time to take another look under the hood; I think it deserves to be in the best shape possible! The list now includes:
-"Gadfly" (a play) (This rewrite is now finished!!)
-"Turn" (a novel)
-"Out of the Sandbox" (a short musical)








2 comments:

  1. I will buy that christmas album! Please please please do it!
    Please do "I'll Be Home For Christmas." I will bawl my eyes listening to it but it will definitely be amazing!
    I'm so happy you're writing here again. I love catching up on your happenings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most definitely add that to the list :) It's one of my favorites. I may cry while singing :o

    ReplyDelete