Friday, September 13, 2013

Bitter–Sweet

Yesterday I experienced some bitter disappointment....

I woke up and remembered that it was the day! September 12th! The day Jasper Fforde was going to be at University Bookstore to do a reading and signing of books!!!!!!

I put this in my calendar back in June and decided it would be a belated birthday present to myself to go and have my copy of "Eyre Affair" signed by Fforde.

I quickly realized that I would not be able to make it to the 7 P.M. signing because I would have already been in tech rehearsal for an hour and half by then and would continue there for another four hours.

Long story short, I had a brief hope that a friend could take the book for me and get it signed but that was not to be either.....

The good news is, the bitter taste in my mouth is gone, replaced with the sweet knowledge that I have chosen the unique career where I will be busy until midnight some nights, yes, but it will be doing something I believe it 100%, usually with people I can respect and certainly learn something from.

So, Jasper, next time you better be ready for me because I will be even more ready than I was this morning at 7 A.M. when I still thought I was going; I'm going to have questions, comments, and all sorts of anecdotes :)

Here's to a lovely weekend for all you folks who take weekends off AND the rest of us!
Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment