Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Strange Assortments

HA! I amuse myself greatly sometimes. The one-post-a-day rule lasted exactly for one day. We'll just take this as it comes eh? This will be a short post.

Today was my birthday. It was close to a perfect day for me. I had a long conversation with my parents over skype while eating waffles, during which time I laughed a lot and yelled about my life a lot; after that I hung out with a friend at a chocolate-joint where I drank copious amounts of thick hot chocolate; then I met brand new people who were so lovely; then I hung out by myself at a coffee shop while surfing the interwebs; then I had a two hour conversation with one of my best friends on the phone; then I had dinner with siblings; and finally drinks with so many friends who I never expected to have in the same room together.

It was a perfectly simple, elegent, lovely, wonderful day.

The main thing I want to point out is the last part of the day where I had drinks with people I love. It included family, college friends, new friends, and BRAND new friends! I've never been so happy to have several worlds collide. It was truly special.

My advice to you is this: no matter how many homes you start over with, no matter how many times you have to say goodbye: always be ready to say hello in the strangest places and with the strangest assortment of people! It's utterly worth it.

Love,
Gin

No comments:

Post a Comment