Sunday, September 8, 2013

Care to be Inspired?

I miss having that once-a-day rule that was in place for my summer in NYC. Now that I'm in Seattle, I figure I'm on just as big of an adventure; this time with even more reason to give myself a daily task to put myself out there and keep creatively active.
Coffee in NYC (2012)


Coffee in Seattle (2013)






So we'll see how it goes but HERE WE GO ON POSTING EVERY DAY! 

Today is one of my only days off for the next two weeks so I let myself sleep in but then I pulled myself out of the house, walked myself down the street to Blue Dog Kitchen (my absolute favorite breakfast joint in seattle) and plopped myself down with coffee and a french toast, ready to do whatever needed doing creatively.

You see, I have a job now which keeps me busy all the time and makes me feel like a semi-grown-up human being. When I'm not cleaning houses, however, I find it tempting to sleep all day; but if you're like me, then sleeping all day actually makes everything worse in life. So I have to make an extra effort to assess my creative abilities, push them further, and just continue to make and create wherever I find time.

Once I'm ensconced in a cozy coffee-joint, with said-beverage in hand, I usually travel along the same pathway which I am going to share with you today! This list never fails to bring inspiration or remind me of a project I've always wanted to work on/complete:


1. Check Blogs: 
            I follow a very select few authors, artists, and collaborative-peers. Check out my favorites here, here, and HERE.


2. PINTEREST!!!
            I'm addicted. Like many. If YOU are a pinteresting person, you should definitely follow me because I guarantee I am updating all the time, and I have all sorts of boards to satisfy your aesthetic self :)

3. Filed Away Ideas:
            I keep a LOADED file of so, so, so many snippets on my computer. Snippets of songs, stories, poems. Now, most of these remain unfinished, and sometimes, untouched after the first initial idea-phase. That's why I love to come back and scroll through them; there's almost always something that sparks my inspiration.
(If you want to see SOME of these snippets, I have another blog entirely devoted to them!)


Honestly, if you're like me then these three steps will be more than enough to fill an entire morning or afternoon with fun and inspiration!

However, if you need more inspiration here you go:
-Listen to an entire album on spotify. Get the full story of the music as it was meant to be told.
-Check out some of the artists on SoundCloud! I'm on there
-Get coffee/tea with another human being! Get some good, solid conversation going and see where it leads. I love sitting down with one of my sisters, or my best friend Sarah, or calling someone on the phone like my ever-creative friend Stephanie. 



Hope this gets your creative juices flowing! And if you ever want a second opinion, I am in the business of collaboration so do not hesitate to contact me.
See you around,
Gin



No comments:

Post a Comment